Suggest treatment for growing bump near anus

Posted on Thu, 21 May 2015 in Lump
Question: Hi there, may i know what are the weird looking tiny bumps growing on my anus. My dermatologist said that it's not hpv but she have no idea what is it either. Its annoying as these bumps will itch when its moist. Is there no way to remove or cure it?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibly due to helminthic infestation

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Mr XXXXXXX

Thanks for providing clinical photograph, papule like rash surrounding anal region is definitely not due to HPV. As there is no discolouration of surrounding skin, with no signs of inflammation , it is more likely to be due to scabies or possibly a reaction due to mucous discharge form the anus usually due to helminthic infestation of the intestine.

It would be very helpful if you could provide me following additional information

1. Since how long has the rash been present?

2. Did you apply any medication over it?

3. Do you have any mucous discharge from anus possibly at time of passing stools?

Awaiting your response

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Deepak Kaltari
Consultant Surgeon
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 9 minutes later
Hi there, it had been more than 4 months. I've applied travocort and also lamisil before as i ever did a skin biopsy before these bumps appeared and i had fungal hyphae then. They appeared shortly after i started my treatment of my fungal hyphae. I am currently still using travocort. Prior to that i was prescribed with anti worm medication but nothing happened.

As of mucus, i am not so sure but at times i do have a secretion of some sort of gooey translucent with a slight tinge of yellow. I am not sure if they are the mucus you are referring to but sometimes they look like jelly and at times looks like semen.

Is there any cure for this? It's really bothering me alot. And how did i even contract scabies when i am sexually inactive.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be due to Scabies

Detailed Answer:
Dear Mr XXXXXXX

Going by your description of symptoms its unlikely to be due to any significant pathology.

The most common cause of contracting scabies is use of infected towels , inadequately washed undergarments.

As you have been treated for proven fungal infection and empirically for worm infestation, further management with anti-scabicidal lotion is recommended in consultation with your Dermatologist.

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Deepak Kaltari
Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari

General Surgeon