Suggest treatment for groin infection

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 21 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I am suffering skin infection at groins. Local dermatologist tried with tab zoocon 150 & oint zole f and siloderm mixi. But problem doesnt solve. Kindly advise.
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kindly send pictures of the affected area.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for the fungal infection and less response to the treatment e hich you are taking.

In view to help you best I request you to kindly upload few good resolution pictures of the affected area. For that you have a feature on the right side of the page. Do let me know the intensity of itching in the same.

Hope to hear soon from your side.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia

MD Dermatology
Follow up: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 23 minutes later
Pl find photograph
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Various suggestions for fungal infection.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome back and thanks for posting your pictures.

After analyzing the pictures and correlating with your details I can make out that you have fungal infection of the affected area. This is quite florid and spreaded up where zocon will not work.

In such kind of situation I suggest my patients to apply sertaconazole cream over the affected area. Additionally an oral antifungal such as itraconazole 200 mg once a day is required. This is to be taken for minimum 6 weeks.

Additionally maintain a good hygiene and avoid synthetic clothes. Wear cotton clothes and cotton undergarments.

I hope this helps.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD Dermatology
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad