Owl Image

Suggest treatment for grey hair on moustache and beard

Dermatologist
Question
i am just 30 years old i am having white hair on my mustache and beard and some in nose hair how can i control it
Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
details below

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
The natural ageing process of graying of hair usually begins as you approach your thirties. If it occurs in young age ie in your teens or twenties, it is called premature canities.
The causes for greying of air are hereditary, nutritional, smoking, stress, thyroid disorder, anemia, chronic illness etc
Most of the times greying of hair is genetic. If its genetic with treatment response might be suboptimal.
So firstly, I would like to know if its genetic.
Since how long are you having it.
Approximate number of gray hairs
Any chronic illness, stress, nutritional disorder, thyroid ds
If you smoke.

Answer these queries, so that I can suggest an appropriate treatment.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for grey hair on moustache and beard 41 minutes later
i smoke some times and i had no other problems, number of white hair is nearly 70, i
i am having this white hair since 2 years, genetically my mother had white hair in her age of 35

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 33 hours later
Brief Answer:
details below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for providing the details
For your greying hair, you may follow these suggestions
Take a PABA and other essential mineral and vitamin based supplement like PABATAB BZ once daily
Apply altris gel( melitane based gel) once in a day over affected area.

As you have a family history of early greying of hair, do not expect much response. These medicines need to be taken for long. In your case these might delay further greying but wont turn your grey hair black.
Hope this helped

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for grey hair on moustache and beard 2 days later
sir i am taking amway natural B daily and where can i get altris gel( melitane based gel) kindly help me

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you can get it from any chemist shop

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back.
Altris gel is available at all good chemist shops. It is manufactured by alembic pharma.
As far Amway supplement is conccerned, one has to see whether it contains calcium pantothenate, PABA,copper, selenium, zinc, biotin or not. These essential micronutrients for hair.
Prior to starting any treatment, I would always recommend a visit to nearby dermatologist .