• question-icon

Suggest treatment for gout and rashes on the legs

Posted on Tue, 1 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello. I am a 70 year old male with a history of mild gout...Today I have developed a rash on my legs, starting below the knee and running down the inside of my calf. It has more than doubled in size in six hours. Most rcently, it has reached the ankle and heel of my right leg. There is little itching but some burning sensation and a bit of pain, though not acute. Is this related to my gout? What should I do about it? my email address is YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please upload an image

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It could be due to an allergic reaction and I doubt if it could be related to your gout. I would request you to upload image of the affected areas. It will help me to evaluate the condition. Taking some antiallergic like cetirizine or benadryl (or possibly better ones like fexofenadine or loratidine which are prescription medicines) should help. As of now you could also apply some emollient like calamine lotion or some moisturizer like aloe vera lotion.

I would await your response based on which I will guide you further. Let me know if I could help further.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha