Suggest treatment for glottic cancer in an elderly person
Thanks for your query.
I am sorry to know about your dad. In this type of disease and especially at this age, preferred option is radiotherapy. If he is fit enough, then full course radiation or else if he is not that fit then palliative short course radiation.
Thus we can avoid surgery and also get good control of disease, if not cure. Medicines will not help much in disease control. Chemotherapy is not possible.
Hope this helps.
at least some radiation he can tolerate
Palliative course is when smaller amount of total radiation is given, say 1-2 weeks duration, to control the disease for few months. Duration of control varies but on an average 6 months can be expected.
The radiation oncologist can make a judgement whether he should get full or palliative treatment. Even if plan is full course but after 2 weeks too many side effects, then radiation can stop.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for ovarian cancer
- Siddha treatment for glottic cancer
- Suggest treatment for recurrent breast cancer
- Suggest treatment for prostate cancer
- Treatment and cure for elderly cancer
- Glottic cancer treatment options
- Symptoms of glottic cancer
- Suggest treatment for pancreatic cancer
- Suggest treatment for breast cancer
- Suggest treatment for cancerous lump on the tailbone
- What could a lump in my back be?
- Should chemotherapy be given to a person in final stage of nasopharngeal...
- Sex with sex worker, HPV scare, cancer in men. Test in detect HPV in men ?
- Is atopic dermatitis associated with leukemia ?
- Which tumour markers are used to follow up breast cancer patients?
- How do I know if papillary thyroid cancer has recurred?
- Protruding coronal suture, skull x-ray. Cancer due to radiation?
- How can linitis plastica be treated?
- CA Breast, chemotherapy, CT scan, pulmonary embolism, on acitrom,...
- Can breast cancer spread to thyroid?