Suggest treatment for gingivitis

Posted on Tue, 8 Dec 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi coughing up like a drop of blood only when I'm brushing in the morning . it's really small like less than a drop may be . Though I cough vigorously to check again or brush to check if this again happens it never does.
I'm worried please help. Experiencing no other symptoms as of now other than a little bad breath at times. Not on any medication or drugs except that I chew on nicotine gums when I fell a little tensed.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Might be due to gingivitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM.
I have gone through your query.

Since how long you have been having these?
Did you had a cold or cough recently?
Do you see any source in the mouth?
Do you have any dental problem?

Based on the information, it might be due to gingivitis.
Accumulation of bacterial plaque deep in the gum pockets and root surfaces of teeth leads to gingival inflammation know as gingivitis.

I will suggest you to maintain good oral hygiene. Brush your teeth properly twice a day with soft bristles brush and clean your tongue as well. Take vitamin supplements. Eat vitamin C enriched fruits ( citrus fruits). Avoid coughing violently, as you have mentioned that you do.

It is better to get yourself examined by the dentist, to find out the source. Kindly follow the measures as suggested, you will be fine.

If it persists after week, I would suggest you to see ENT specialist for examination to rule out any source in pharynx or larynx, and then chest X-ray.

Hope this helps.
I'll be glad to help you with your further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. Harish Naik