Suggest treatment for gestational diabetes
1 hr after breakfast- 147
1 hr after lunch- 114
1 hr after dinner- 137
Now she has advised me to take 2 units of insulin before breakfast as well as before dinner.
Please advise if it is correct and what all precautions I should take at this time?
Its needed. Precautions should be taken of course
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your message.
I think I can help you.
I agree with the decision of insulin.
The sugars if raised will make the baby larger which will cause problems in delievary and other effects.
I would however recommend following cautions-
1. Get a glucometer. Monitor sugars regularly.
2. Test the sugars in case you feel abnormal symptoms- vertigo, sweating, dry mouth and as such.
3. Keep some high sugars handy-toffees, chocolates and juices. This is in case sugars fall.
Best of luck, Dr Mittal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ketones in urine gestational diabetes
- Treatment and cure for gestational diabetes mellitus
- Treatment and cure for eclampsia, gestational diabetes
- Gestational diabetes and artificial sweeteners
- Gestational diabetes dizzy spell
- Glycomet 500 for gestational diabetes
- Gestational diabetes and itchy scalp
- Is 220 high for gestational diabetes
- Need suggestions for gestational diabetes
- Treatment and cure for Gestational diabetes