Suggest treatment for genital warts

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: I have seen several Dr's for a recently forming condition in my genital area. I have what appears to be a few lines of "roughened skin" in the area between my vaginal opening and on perineum. At first the area appeared to be getting bigger and whiter. At first I was told it could be HPV/warts by visual inspection at a urgent care clinic ( it looks nothing like warts, it is not clauiflower like nor clustered ) I was advised by one Dr it was fungal ( by visual inspection ) so I used treatment for that, it seemed to be helping some but the lines of bumps/roughened spots seem to of decreased a little and are no longer white but are def still there. I went to my nurse practitioner at my Gynos office and she said it was not fungal and is concerned with Cancer. She is testing for HPV but does not believe it to look like that. It's just frustrating as I've seen several Dr's and they all say something different. this area is not reddening nor blister like nor does it itch. But it can be seen and felt
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems like HPV

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Health Care.Magic Forum. Thanks for trusting is with your health query.I have gone through your query and understand your concerns completely.
It is quite likely that it is HPV infection so it's good that you have had it tested.
Let us wait for the report and then manage according to it.
If it's HPV then chemical cauterisation is an effective and simple procedure which is very effective.
All the best
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 3 minutes later
why does it seem like HPV?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
History is suggesting the same

Detailed Answer:
Because of the symptoms and minimal response to antifungals.
Other possibility is hypertrophy of local glands which is a diagnosis of exclusion so if everything is normal but the same picture persists then it can be labelled.
For that just wearing cotton underclothes and avoiding condom use will help a lot and will vanish over time.