Suggest treatment for genital warts

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I want to ask about the Genital warts. I have genital warts and i want to get them removed . what are the options and which is best and healthy solution.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
podophylln

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Gential warts are best treated with podiphyllin application.
It is a liquid which has to be applied once a week for 4 weeks. It gives high cure rates but should be applied only by a dermatologist as spillage of liquid may cause burns.let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 30 hours later
laser isn't a good option ? where can i get this podiphyllin treatment ?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
podophyllin is better

Detailed Answer:
Hello
LASER can cause burning and scarring of soft genital tissue.
It is better to go for podiphyllin application.
Any dermatologist can do podiphyllin application.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you