Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for genital warts

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6248 Questions
I want to ask about the Genital warts. I have genital warts and i want to get them removed . what are the options and which is best and healthy solution.
Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query.
Gential warts are best treated with podiphyllin application.
It is a liquid which has to be applied once a week for 4 weeks. It gives high cure rates but should be applied only by a dermatologist as spillage of liquid may cause burns.let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for genital warts 30 hours later
laser isn't a good option ? where can i get this podiphyllin treatment ?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
podophyllin is better

Detailed Answer:
LASER can cause burning and scarring of soft genital tissue.
It is better to go for podiphyllin application.
Any dermatologist can do podiphyllin application.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor