Suggest treatment for genital warts
Normal skin response after cryosurgery treatment
I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same .
Now you have taken treatment for genital warts .
I would like to tell you that after treatment wits liquid nitrogen, it is normal for the skin to develop open sores or wound. This basically develops due to action of the liquid nitrogen which freezes the harmful cells.
You need to take proper care of the affected areas especially in term of local cleanlines.
Wash the affected area wits lukewarm water twice a day followed by application of a topical antibiotic cream like neosporin or mupirocin over the affected areas . This will prevent any superinfection in the wounds.
Development of blisters or wounds after cryosurgery is a normal phenomenon and will get better in few days. You can then see your treating doctor who can assess and decide regarding the need on a repeat sitting.
Dr Geetika Paul
Take proper local care
Genital warts take time to heal with treatment . You might require more than one sitting of cryosurgery treatment according to the extent of the warts.
In case the open wound is still persisting even after one week, then it might suggest some superinfection of the wound.
You should wash the affected area twice a day with lukewarm saline water followed by application of a topical antibiotic cream like neosporin or mupirocin over it .
This will take care of any infection.
Also you can take paracetamol tablet along in case you have any pain, swelling or redness of the area also.
Since cryosurgery basically involves freezing and destruction of the viral tissue, so such a reaction of the skin after liquid nitrogen treatment is quite normal and can be managed with minimal care .
Dr Geetika Paul
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Clitoris is swollen after the treatment of genital warts
- Treatment and medicine for genital wart
- Which medication is suggested for genital warts
- Genital warts over the counter treatment
- Are there any pills for the treatment of genital warts
- Manuka honey treatment for genital warts
- What are the medicine and treatment available for genital warts
- Treatment and cure for Genital wart
- Suggest treatment for swollen genital wart
- Genital warts treatment penis head
- Unable to bend toe, nail bed is painful. Active runner. Had toe nail...
- Have a black spot on the roof of mouth. Blood came after poking. Roof of...
- Have penile inflammation with rep bumps, also had hives and sore bumps...
- Hypopigmented spot on cheek. Used to exfoliate daily. Could this be a...
- Have itchy keloids on chest. Any cure?
- Took treatment for keloids on face. How long should it be continued?
- Have itching on face, ears and nose. Having small indentations and white...
- Have recurrent lump on back of scalp and around genitals. On...
- Got sunburn on shoulders and legs. Can this lead to kidney problem?
- Child has rash on chest, back, neck, no sign of hives or itching,...