Suggest treatment for genital warts inside vagina

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hello doctor,
age : 27, female, unmarried, in a sexual relationship (3 years) .. 4 months once or a 6 months once.. no pain during intercourse... i have a warts like something inside my vagina for the pasr 2 years. I dont know what exactly it is. there is no pain, itching, inflammation in that area.. but when i see undergoing mental stress. tell me how to over come from that ...any treatments.. is that harmful..? periods are irregular for the past 1 and half years.. getting periods for 3 months ..not getting for the 4 th month... but getting 5 th month.. like wise in between periods are missing for a month.. having polycystic ovary too.. my inner thighs and vaginal areas are become darken due to usage of hair removal creams. i stopped using them.. how to overcome the darkness areas... kindly suggest me what should i do... i am really worried since i am a doctorate. pls
Answered by Dr. Soumya 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please get tested for HPV infection

Detailed Answer:

I saw the attached picture and read your query. Following is my reply:

1. These appear to be warts due to HPV. Please get tested for HPV. Treatment can be taken after confirming infection.

2. Darkened skin is due to fungal infection. Please use antifungal cream to the area inside thigh to treat fungal infection.

3. It is common to have irregular periods and miss a few periods in women with polycystic ovaries. It is normal and nothing to worry.

4.
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 11 minutes later
Thank you mam!! May i know the causes of HPV? What HPV leads to? Any serious health defects? How long it will take to cure the HPV? will it affect the pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get tested for HPV

Detailed Answer:

HPV is human papilloma virus (HPV). This is caused by sexual contact. If tested positive you can get it treated.

This won't cause serious problems in this or next pregnancy. Don't worry about it.

Dr. Soumya.
Follow up: Dr. Soumya 7 minutes later
Thanks a lot mam!!! will it affect my partner during intercourse? Can you please suggest good antifungal cream for removing the darkness in inner areas?
Answered by Dr. Soumya 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
You might have acquired HPV from him

Detailed Answer:

It can infect your partner. You might have got infection from him.

You can buy any antifungal cream available over the counter.

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN