Suggest treatment for genital warts caused by HPV virus
Hello and welcome,
I am wondering if you can tell me:
Where are the warts located on your body? Mucus membranes? Head and neck?
Have you been to a dermatologist yet?
Have you been to a major derm. clinic? I see that you live near XXXXXXX
Have any of them been sent to a lab for typing of which wart virus it is? I ask this because different researchers are working on different wart subtypes.
I'll be able to help a bit more after hearing back. Thanks.
I am asking for my brother who actually lives in Toronto.
Yes he has seen several dermatologists.
We are seeking different treatments and doctor and facility recommendations any where that is doing this stuff.
Here is a list of wart clinical research trials going on in the US:
However, your brother or you should call them and check regarding how the studies are being conducted. For example in some studies, half the patients receive the medicine, the other half a placebo. In other studies they are testing to see what an effective dose will be so everyone gets the medicine in different doses.
If your brother does not meet criteria for a study but is very interested in what is being used, he may be able to arrange treatment with the physician who is doing the study without it being part of the study. They may be willing to try this since he has so many (over 100). Some doctors will do this, others will not.
Another way to to go about this is to look at a survey type article of wart research and look in the references (at the end of the article) for a researcher who has studied a particular type of wart treatment that your brother has not already tried.
I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information or clarification. I am really sorry your brother has been suffering with so many warts for so long.
Do you happen to know of where to search for clinical trials in Canada by any chance?
You have been very helpful and kind, I wish you could be my dr! :)
Any recommendations for doctors in XXXXXXX taking HMO IL?
About Canadian common wart trials/research:
I looked for clinical trials and research going on about verruca vulgaris (common wart) in Canada but could not find any current trials. It might be that I don't know where to look but I didn't see Canadian Dermatology Association
Two suggestions are:
1. Contact the Canada Dermatological Association and see if they can direct you to any trials:
1385 Bank Street, Suite 425
Ottawa ON K1H
Tel: (613) 738-1748 or 1-800-267-3376
2. Contact the office of the dermatology department at the University of Toronto Hospital and ask. They might be able to direct you. Possibly not. If the office staff is nice, they might be willing to circulate the question to their physicians, as I will bet one of them will know of research that is going on somewhere in Canada.
Unfortunately I don't know the doctors in XXXXXXX anymore. I did my medical school training there but it was many years ago.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Genital wart causes
- Treatment and medicine for genital wart
- Does occurrence of genital warts indicate positive hpv
- Genital warts over the counter treatment
- Are there any pills for the treatment of genital warts
- Manuka honey treatment for genital warts
- Treatment and cure for Genital wart
- Suggest treatment for swollen genital wart
- How does hpv cause genital warts
- Genital warts treatment penis head