Suggest treatment for genital dysaesthesia
What would you suggest?
Treat Genital Dysaesthesia as a separate entity
Hello. I have gone through your question and understand your concern.
Genital dysaesthesia is not a common finding in patient using Trimix, but still there is a possibility that the dorsal nerve of the penis is compressed or irritated, causing your symptoms.
In such cases there are some general measures and specific treatments. About the latter I see you are already under Amitriptyline and Gabapentine which are used for treating the irritated nerve and neuropathic pain syndromes. I would not recommend corticosteroid based creams.
The general measures consist on wearing loose fitting, cleanser with no soap, low irritant moisturizing creams and antiseptic washes.
Injection with alcohol would be a definitive treatment but not recommended until this condition is refractory to the specific treatment and becomes irritating interfering with the purpose of the main treatment (i.e erectile dysfunction).
Hope this answers your question please feel free to ask further questions.
Wishing you good health
I am quite desperate with this problem as I need to keep some pressure on the head of my penis to get relief and it is difficult for me to function or do anything.
I have an appointment with a neurologist Thursday morning and I doubt if he can help me.
see answer below
If you were a patient in my clinic, I would recommend you start amitriptiline at a dose 12.5 mg (1/2 tab) per day the first 5 days and then 25 mg ( 1 tablet) per day. The XXXXXXX dosage I would recommend is 50 mg per day bid. Still, you should discuss with your neurologist on Thursday on this matter.
Back pain may have many causes, but may also be an adverse effect of one of the components of trimix, specifically the alprostadil.
You can also take a psychiatrist consult on prescribing treatment about your mood.
Please inform me about other concerns.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for genital herpes outbreaks
- Genital herpes treatment cream
- Genital lichen planus treatment
- Suggest treatment for genital herpes
- Genital herpes treatment valtrex
- Genital candidiasis treatment
- Treatment for genital friction burn
- Genital herpes treatment
- Suggest treatment for swollen genital wart
- Genital fungal infection treatment
- Is an fistula and cauda equina syndrome interrelated?
- What causes lower back pain?
- Does Adderall cause pain in temple, neck pain and muscle tightness?
- Suggest treatment for Petit Mal seizures
- Suggest remedy for sudden onset of vertigo
- What Vitamin B12 supplements can be taken by a multiple sclerosis patient?
- Suggest treatment for loss of consciousness along with head trauma
- Suggest treatment for genital dysaesthesia
- What does the following spinal MRI findings indicate?
- What does my CT scan indicate?