Suggest treatment for general muscle weakness

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Sat, 25 Mar 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hello Dr. Rynne: this is XXXXXXX Wagner, pHD, XXXXXXX tn. adjusting thyroid dose down because T3 had gotten a bit in the hyper range. only decreasing 1.25 MCG per week to diminish chemical surges always associated with change. Having general muscle weakness 3 days now, also queasy. Have apt. w/ my internist Mon. trying to get worked in because it scares me. Have 14 y.o. boy to take care of, and am trying with difficulty to go back to work as therapist after being off following death of wife of 30 years. Have had psychomotor retardation (aka Brain Fog) from Graves' Disease for 30 years, BUT recently discovered amazing clarity, and improved memory with 40 MG Ritalin from my psychiatric colleague.
also queasy. makes no sense to me. really don't want MS, but it really is rare. Thanks. HW
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need not worry about MS

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. I understand that you have been having a number of problems. It is good to know that Ritalin is providing relief.

The mentioned details do not point toward MS (multiple sclerosis). I do not think that you need to worry about it.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 27 hours later
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Glad to be of service

Detailed Answer:
Feel free to write back in case of further queries.