Suggest treatment for gastrointestinal infection
Gastrointestinal infection is possible.
Thank you for the query.
Such symptom is usually caused by gastrointestinal infection. Especially if this has started recently. You may have bloating, fever and nausea with an infection. Usually such infection appears after some food intake.
At your age such symptoms can be also caused by partial bowels obstruction due to some lesion in large intestine. In such case, symptoms can come and go. Cramps and bloating can be present as well as blood in stool.
If the symptoms are present for no longer than a day, please start probiotic intake, drink plenty of liquids and avoid solid foods for next 12 hours.
If the symptoms are present for longer than 48 hours, please consult your doctor. Blood work and stool tests should be done at first. Colonoscopy should be second.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Acute gastrointestinal infection causes
- Treatment and cure for repeated gastrointestinal infections
- Treatment and cure for gastrointestinal infection
- What is a gastrointestinal infection
- Treatment and cure for acute gastrointestinal infection
- Gastrointestinal infection causes
- Repeated gastrointestinal infections causes
- Symptoms of acute gastrointestinal infection
- Contagious gastrointestinal infection causes
- Treatment and cure for contagious gastrointestinal infection