Suggest treatment for gastrointestinal bleeding
I live in the XXXXXXX area and have access to wonderful physicians and facilities. What do I do? I am miserable with myself.
CT angiogram & Enteroscopy
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
The thing to worry about is the low hemoglobin.
I presume it is an occult GI bleed and confirmed with a stool occult blood test.
Gastroscopy has ruled out bleeding source in esophagus, stomach and initial few centimeters of small intestine.
Colonsocopy has ruled out bleeding source in colon and probably the last few centimeters of the small intestine.
So what it left to be screened is the small intestine. Screening small bowel is a difficult thing.
Capsule endoscopy didnt reveal anything.
The options available to you are -
2. CT abdominal angiogram.
These two will reveal the bleeding source in the small intestine and appropriate treatment can be planned.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Upper gastrointestinal bleeding in pregnancy
- Icd 9 gastrointestinal bleeding
- Gastrointestinal bleeding death
- Does gastrointestinal bleeding hurt
- Any suggestion for gastrointestinal bleeding with normal colonoscopy
- Treatment and cure for Upper gastrointestinal bleeding
- Gastrointestinal bleeding first aid
- Gastrointestinal bleeding crystal meth
- Causes of gastrointestinal bleeding
- Treatment and cure for Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Elevated SGPT, SGOT and triglycerides. Taken Heptral and Udiliv. Please...
- Tiredness, loss of concentration, blood test shows low hemoglobin...
- Bloated upper abdomen, burping, history of chronic pancreatitis. Have...
- Blood test shows typhi and paratyphi positive. What does it mean?
- Abdominal pain, itching. Clean blood test. History of breast cancer. Are...
- Abdominal pain, done blood test and ultrasound. Kindly interpret results
- Tailbone pain, bruise on stomach, sore lower abdomen. Anything to worry...
- Constant nausea, negative pregnancy test, have Mirena IUD. Ovarian cyst?
- Poked eye with umbrella spoke. Eye gets sore and red. What do you...
- Diagnosed with chlamydia. Is it contagious through oral sex?