Suggest treatment for gastritis

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Mental Health
Question: Doctor Seikhoo Bishnoi. MD
I am vegetarian, I don't eat any kind of meat at all, I don't drink milk (I use almond milk) and don't eat cream, yogurt or kefir and right now I am stopping eating cheese. It was difficult not to eat any more cheese because the Italian food that I ate all my life uses lots of cheese. I started about two years ago eating XXXXXXX food. I was very happy because I liked it, but I find out that the spicy food looks that isn't quite good for me. During all my life I wasn't used to any kind of spices (Just salt and herbs like XXXXXXX parsley and oregano.) My question to you is: Really the spices are not good for you?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Spices are not bad for an individual.

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking

Use of spices in food be judicious. Excessive use of spices that is used in some states of XXXXXXX results in gastric problems like precipitation of gastritis, gastric upset etc problems.

But that doesn't mean that spices are not good for an individual. Some spices used in XXXXXXX food like Turmeric, Chilly powder etc have medicinal properties and proven health benefits.

Turmeric is a good antioxidant, anti-inflammatory substance. The spice has good healing properties, prevents the development of atherosclerosis, helps in throat infection etc. Chilly powder helps to maintain the blood quality, it helps to improve the haemoglobin levels. The powder consists of capsaicin which is a pain inhibitor substance and helps in healing and inflammation.

So all I can say is that spices are not bad for you. Indians use spices for taste like Italians use orageno or chilly flakes or Maxicans use chilly or maxican spices.

Thanks, You are welcome to ask follow up doubts.