Suggest treatment for gastritis and chest pain

Dr. Sameer Maheshwari

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Wha does it mean when your chest hurts after pushing on your stomach? I was diagnosed with gastritis back in January and have been on Protonix since december 31st. I just had a ultrasound on my upper right quadrant to see if i have gallstones because i am still suffering from the chest pain that ive had. I have mostly had pain on the right side but now i am experiencing sight pain on the left as well. All day today i have felt like ive needed to burp but could never expell enough gas to feel better. I have had 3 ekgs and they all came back normal and i have had blood tests and they came back normal as well. They checked my liver heart and pancreas enzymes as well which were all in normal limits. I sometimes feel the chest pain in my back as well. My stomach doesnt hurt but my chest does.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Maheshwari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be a muscle pain

Detailed Answer:
Hi Welcome,
This is Dr Sameer, cardiologist.
The chest pain you are telling does not look like a cardiac pain. More or less it looks like a muscular pain. Gastris could also be a cause of such pain.
Cardiac pain increases on exertion & decrease on rest. It has no relation with pressing the abdomen.
And it is very rare to have a heart disease at your age. Still i will advice you to go for a TMT(Tread Mill Test) to rule out any such possibility.
Continue taking the medicine for gastritis & i would like to add Tab Tramadol twice daily which will improve the pain.
If you have any more question, I'll be happy to help.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy