question-icon

Suggest treatment for gastritis and GERD

Posted on Mon, 11 May 2015
Question: Hi, I'm 34 years old, male. I've been having discomfort on the left side of my rib cage, extending from the diaphragm up to the left upper side, sometimes it comes with a feeling of anxiety and I indigestion. I had an svt last year that corrected itself after I went to urinate. Aspirin and really cold drinks seem to set that off. My sleep pattern is messed up and this feeling gets worse when I dont sleep properly. Lorazepam seems to make it go away quickly. EKG, a heart ultrasound and abdominal ultrasound came back fine a few months ago. Halter monitor worn for a month showed only 1 event during extreme stress that corrected itself quickly.
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
This is GERD

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I am Dr Mittal
I have read your query.|
The symptoms are highly suggestive of gastritis and GERD.
This is too much acid being produced in your stomach.
Its clawing on the walls of the stomach giving you chest pain- as a referred pain.
The aspirin, cold fizzy drinks and disturbed sleep will only contribute to the problem.
I suggest trying to take Tablet Rabeprazole 20 mg twice a day before food.
And avoid spicy and non veg meals.
Too much tea and coffee with disturb your system as well.
I hope that the information helps you.
Please feel free to contact us for further information.
Best of luck.
Dr Mittal
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist