• question-icon

Suggest treatment for gastric irritation and headaches

Posted on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi ,

I have gastric iritation first when did endoscopy found small hital herinia for which i am using pan 40 mg in morning and aco trust 100 mg 3 times daily now few days back am getting headache from back side

I visted neurologist he sugested Nexto forte for 35 days my concern is using this will have any side affects ,when i wil become normal

Can i use zincovit tablet as multi vitamin suplement please answer
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No major side effects.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being in follow-up.

Nexito forte for a short term use, in proper dosage, will not cause any significant side effects.It may cause some sleepiness in initial few days which will subside afterwords.You need not to worry that much and should continue the treatment as advised.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions in this regard,I shall be glad to answer them.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 8 minutes later
Can i use zincovit as multi vitamin substitute my one more doubt is will it be addective as it has sleeping dose once i stop wil i have a prblm
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
No.It can be stopped easily.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being in follow-up.

No.it is not addictive.There is no problem in stopping it.It can be stopped on a tapering dose schedule(first reducing the dose for some days, and then finally stopping it).

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to answer them.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 3 minutes later
thanks so much for response as of now I am using 10 mg used for 1.5 week and I read internet that this may cause blurred vision as side affect is that true ,I am just scared reading net.
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
No.That's not usual.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being in follow-up.

On internet, you will find hundreds of side effects of any medicine.If we consider all those, we will not be able to take any medicine.In actual clinical practice, I never saw any patient develop blurry vision because of this medicine.If at all, some side effect develops,it improves gradually after stopping the drug.

Hope that helps.If you have further doubts about it,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 34 hours later
Hi sir ,
I went. For eye check up causally and found tat my eye has become dry and have little power in right eye which may be reason for my headache now when can i stop nextoforte from 10 days i m using will there be any side affects if i stop
Brief Answer:
Not likely.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being in follow-up.

No.Stopping Nexito forte just after 10 days of use is not likely to cause any problem.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up else please close the thread,rate it and write a review.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 2 minutes later
I just started using eye medicine still having headache so continuing for few more days is that ok

Headache is much reduced now wanted to continue 5 more days and stop is that ok
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
That's ok.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being in follow-up.

It can done like you said. No issues for continuing few more days and then stopping it. However, its always better to discuss with your treating doctor in making decisions.

Hope that helps.If you have some further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist