Suggest treatment for gas,stomach ache and white foamy saliva

Dr. Praveen

Posted on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I have white foamy saliva, lots of gass and stomach aches. two weeks ago I thouth it was a virus that was going around my job. But Im still misserable.
Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could you share some more information?

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear.Thanks for giving me an opportunity to address your query.

I would like to know some more information to help you better.
Do you have heartburn, painful belching, burping?If yes when do you get them?
Does it feel nauseating after having food?
Does your stomach bloat or does it feel full?
Could you share how many days you have taken the above medications(Zantac and antacids) and their frequency of usage?
Are your food habits regular?

Await for your response.

Follow up: Dr. Praveen 11 hours later
Im not having heartburn regurlaly. Burping is more when my stomach is empy. nausea and stomach disconfort it more often before I eat, but when I eat I get really full and my stomach gets really swollen.
Zantac I have been taking it for about five days now twice a day. I have been eating about the same as before. Rice, vegetables, soy and almond milk with my cereal. Just stoped tomatoes and OJ because I think they really make my stomach hurt more and I salivate more when I eat them (I think)
Answered by Dr. Praveen 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Classical of Acidity.

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear.Thanks for writing me back and sharing the information.

These symptoms/complaints are classical of acidity which is medically termed as acid peptic disease(APD).
I would normally manage this issue prescribing a patient:
1.Tab.Rabiprazole 20mg (once daily) half an hour before breakfast for 4-6 weeks.This acts by reducing excess acid secretion.
2.Elevation of head end of your cot by inches so that this prevents the reflux of acid during night time.
3.Drink plenty of water(3-4litres/day)

If your symptoms are not relieved over the next one week I would do an upper GI endoscopy to rule out local pathology(inflammation of stomach or peptic ulcer disease).

I must appreciate that you really have a healthy diet.Avoid spicy or oily food(if any).

Hope this answers your query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj