Suggest treatment for gas

Question
Hi
I am 38 year old male weight 67 kg
Height 5.5 inches tall
Have a recurring problem of Gas
With the complaint of burning sensation while going through stools which is sometime unbearable,
Locally I am applying Candid B but with limited results
7 years ago Have undergone piles operation
My life style habits are
1) start the day with drinking one bottle of water
2) Pranayama for half hour
3) breakfast four fruits In a plate at 7.30 am
4) at around 11 upma and one glass of fresh lime water
5) at 12.45 one full glass of butter milk
6) at 1.30 lunch
7 ) at around 4.30 green tea
In betwn one fruit before the exercise
8) doing exercise three days in a week
9) at around 8 ya 8.30 diner
10) in entire day atleast 10 to 12 glasses of water intake is there
So for this problem had consulted our family doctor he has prescribed O2 tab twice a day after lunch and diner for five days
Pls advise
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Prasad 35 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need information...

Detailed Answer:

I see you posted the concerns to a gastroenterologist. I am a physician working in association with gastroenterologist for few years. As the panel gastroenterologsit haven't answered your question yet, I shall answer it on their behalf; and yes I will take curb side consult with the specialist as and when needed.

At the outset, the burning pain while you pass stool doesn't seem related to fungus. Moreover the candid B cream has not been effective. Therefore it is futile to continue antifungal treatment in this case.

To me, this sounds more likely recurrence of hemorrhoids/fissures. Since when are you dealing with this pain. Have you tried topical hemorrhoidal creams/anaesthetic agents. If not, I would suggest you to try it. Smuth cream is one such brand marketed to treat hemorrhoids. If that's not effective, you can apply 2% topical xylocaine gel before and after passing stool. This should anaesthetise the pain.

In addition to this, also try XXXXXXX warm sitz bath twice or three times a day. Your lifestyle seems very good and appropriate. Please continue the same.

These symptoms do not point towards infection based on the history provided. However I would like to know the duration of symptoms, the nature and consistency of stool passed (watery, semiformed or solid stools), whether or not you have blood in it.

I am available for further discussion after you provide more information. But if you are not convinced you are free to claim refund now.