Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

192 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for gas

Answered by
Dr. Prasad

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2005

Answered : 2860 Questions

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi
I am 38 year old male weight 67 kg
Height 5.5 inches tall
Have a recurring problem of Gas
With the complaint of burning sensation while going through stools which is sometime unbearable,
Locally I am applying Candid B but with limited results
7 years ago Have undergone piles operation
My life style habits are
1) start the day with drinking one bottle of water
2) Pranayama for half hour
3) breakfast four fruits In a plate at 7.30 am
4) at around 11 upma and one glass of fresh lime water
5) at 12.45 one full glass of butter milk
6) at 1.30 lunch
7 ) at around 4.30 green tea
In betwn one fruit before the exercise
8) doing exercise three days in a week
9) at around 8 ya 8.30 diner
10) in entire day atleast 10 to 12 glasses of water intake is there
So for this problem had consulted our family doctor he has prescribed O2 tab twice a day after lunch and diner for five days
Pls advise
Answered by Dr. Prasad 35 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need information...

Detailed Answer:

I see you posted the concerns to a gastroenterologist. I am a physician working in association with gastroenterologist for few years. As the panel gastroenterologsit haven't answered your question yet, I shall answer it on their behalf; and yes I will take curb side consult with the specialist as and when needed.

At the outset, the burning pain while you pass stool doesn't seem related to fungus. Moreover the candid B cream has not been effective. Therefore it is futile to continue antifungal treatment in this case.

To me, this sounds more likely recurrence of hemorrhoids/fissures. Since when are you dealing with this pain. Have you tried topical hemorrhoidal creams/anaesthetic agents. If not, I would suggest you to try it. Smuth cream is one such brand marketed to treat hemorrhoids. If that's not effective, you can apply 2% topical xylocaine gel before and after passing stool. This should anaesthetise the pain.

In addition to this, also try XXXXXXX warm sitz bath twice or three times a day. Your lifestyle seems very good and appropriate. Please continue the same.

These symptoms do not point towards infection based on the history provided. However I would like to know the duration of symptoms, the nature and consistency of stool passed (watery, semiformed or solid stools), whether or not you have blood in it.

I am available for further discussion after you provide more information. But if you are not convinced you are free to claim refund now.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to

Recent questions on  Xylocaine

doctor1 MD

I have a bladder that is not functioning and have been self cathing for almost 7 weeks. The problem is not with the actual cathertization but after I finish...and not always immediately...I seem to have what I would term an ache or almost like a...

doctor1 MD

I need a doctor to review and explain my semen analysis report Following are the two tests I have taken in the last month Test # 1 - 3rd Nov 2017 Color: Grey White Volume: 1.5 ml Consistency: Liquid pH: 8.0 Liquification time: 35 minutes Total...

doctor1 MD

I have a question about the penis frenulum . During sex the frenulum ripped and cause bleeding. Now it's no longer attached to the urethra . Will the frenulum heal and grow back to its normal state? Will this make it harder for me to ejaculate?

doctor1 MD


I am 35 years old.I have been diagnosed with Fissure with a Senitnel Tag. Surgeon has advised a surgery but I am not convinced. I was diagnosed with Fissure when I was around 16 years and the problem has resurfaced again around 3 months back. I have pain while defacating, walking, sitting and coughing. I was given Ciplox TZ and Emanzen with Sitz bath and Xylocaine.

Please advise if the surgery is envitable