Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

162 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for gas and constant burping

Answered by
Dr. Suresh Heijebu

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2010

Answered : 3501 Questions

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: Hi,
My father XXXX aged 69yrs is a high pressure and sugar patient.Last one and half year he is consistently suffering from gas which ends up in burp all the time. So we consulted general physician but the doctor referred to nephrologists (as problems found related potassium,sodium,creatinine etc).Last one year we are consulting nephrologists and psychiatrist (for anxiety) .But the situation remains the same and burp still continues which results in loss of appitite.
Please suggest
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Delayed stomach emptying

Detailed Answer:

I have carefully read your query, gone through all your attached reports and understand your concern.

The unresolved symptoms of long term gastric complaints of bloating and loss of appetite ,in my opinion point towards "diabetic gastroparesis",which is an autonomic nervous system dysfunction syndrome.

This is quite common complication in long term diabetic patients.

Treatment includes tab metocloperamide twice a day.

Include high fiber in the diet.

Finish dinner by 8 pm.

maintain adequate hydration.

All this is enough..

i hope this info is useful to you.
consult an expert gastroenterologist for further assistance.
thank you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu 12 hours later
Do i stop consulting with nephrologist and stop the medicine prescribed by him or the kindney is also not in healthy condition according to the reports given by me and therefore the medicine are very necessary to keep the kindney in action. Nephrologist doctor has stictly mentioned not to give any fruit or fruit juice to the patient then for maintaining adequate hydration, does drinking water would be helpful what do you suggest.kindly suggest me some high fiber containing food.
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Keep in touch with nephrologist always

Detailed Answer:

You should keep consulting your family nephrologist,as his prescribed medications are absolutely necessary,to your father,since he is a known patient of CKD-chronic kidney disease.

Yes fruit juices should not be given to CKD patients,as they cause potassium overload.Orange juice can occasionaly be given

Give Oatmeal for breakfast
This should only be source for dietary fiber,rest of all fiber foods should be avoided.

You can give him ample amount of drinking water.

Key messages to your father:

1.avoid large meals,and eat atleast 5 small meals a day.

2.cut down high fat foods.

3.liquid foods in the form of "shakes" are very good.

4.start your day with pureed foods and liquids.

5.chew food well.

6.on days ,if symptoms are severe,rest the stomach,take only liquid foods.

7.sit up while eating and one hour after finishing.

8.keep blood sugar under strict control.consult your doc if its >200mg/dl.

9.check your weight twice a week.

10.if weight is decreasing ,increase consumption of liquid diets in the form of milk shakes,popsicles and gelatin.

if you loose weight weight more than 5kgs unintentionally,report to your doctor.

I hope this info is helpful to you.
post your further queries on
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on Creatinine

doctor1 MD

Hi I am writing it for mother who is a renal donor for me and 2 yrs back i did my transplant.after donating she is also doing good but the problem is the sugar level is in higher side. FBS - 195 and PPBS - 212. Then I have tested the urine micro albumin which is 109 and the creatinine - 1.0 .So Wanted to ask what is consequences of high sugar and what signifies microalbumin is 109 .Is there any risk to her health and kidney and whether it is curable or not ? and what should be the medication or precaution should be taken?

doctor1 MD

Hi I am Rabindra and I have undergone renal transplant 3 years back.upto 6 months back my base craetinine lavels is 1.4 but from last 6 months it is slightly elevated to 1.5 and 1.6.So wanted to know can I recover my base creatinine level and what might be the cause of elevation ?

doctor1 MD

I had a UTI last week and also high creatinine levels in my kidney. i left the hospital with creatinine levels a little high but on the decline. i have had this soreness and fullness feeling under my chest. I have had alot of fluids and iv's and am not sure what is causing this. it is very uncomfortable. please help

doctor1 MD

I was diagnosed many years ago from I doctor who was sure 99% that I had renal cell carcinoma. I went for a 2nd opinion and they disagreed. They said just keep a check on it .
Since then I have had microscopic blood found , my creatinine level high, and lots of white skin like stuff in my urine sometimes . The blood I found was small and large stringy blood. They have found my creatine leval high what could the mean?

doctor1 MD

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...

doctor1 MD

I feel completely dumb I can't concentrate I can't think straight I feel like I can't function has the time even though I am I'm having memory loss I sometimes blackout for a Split Second I had an MRI month ago and it showed nothing same with the...

doctor1 MD

Sir, I am 59 years with no sugar and blood pressure problem . During routine yearly blood test , my Amylase and Lipase tests showed elevated levels. Amylase level showed MORE THAN 1000 in Thyrocare lab and 3661 IN XXXXXXX HOSPITAL LAB, BENGALURU....