Suggest treatment for gardnerella infection after a Metronidazole shot
i took that last week - felt much better but have some sensation in the scrotum/genitals. what would that be related to?
I wills monitor for now!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this recurrent sensation in your scrotum/genitals. If after tests you were given 2g of metronidazole, then you probably had gardnerella infection. This drug is very active on this and I really do not expect any possible resistance. With you having felt better., it is prove that this drug worked. Unless these symptoms happen for more than a week or become worse, at that time only would i recommend further screening to ascertain if something else could still be ongoing. However, I believe this will fade away spontaneously sooner than later.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
do doctors have the patients repeat the anitbiotics ?
Rarely, But Yes if we have reasons to declare treatment failure!
Antibiotics can be repeated if we have reasons to declare treatment failure. For now, we re not exactly there. Let’s gather more details through monitoring and see how that goes.
Keep me updated.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of gardnerella infection
- Drugs/medication for gardnerella infection
- Metronidazole for yeast infection treatment
- Gardnerella infection recurring stop
- Drinking after metronidazole treatment
- Systemic gardnerella infection
- Is mox with metronidazole effective in treatment of tooth infection
- Gardnerella infection causes
- Diagnosis of gardnerella infection
- Treatment and cure for gardnerella infection