Suggest treatment for gap between eyebrows
I want to know is there any treatment/ therapy which could LEVEL(Adding some skin sort of in the vertical line area and clear off the vertical line) my TEMPLE area and look attractive.
I suggest botulinum toxin injection
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I have taken note of your query and I have understood it.
This looks like a vertical frown line and is due to action of Corrugator muscle.
Does it disappear when you stretch your skin on either side of it?
You can take a Botox session (botulinum toxin) which would be injected into the muscle.
This would relax the muscle in that area and thus make this vertical line less noticeable.
The line and the gap is still visible normally, Even if we stretch the other side of it.
Can you please give me following details :
1. in detail insight on the treatment procedure
2. its approximate cost
3. What are its possible side effects.
4. Is this a permanent treatment
5. Do we have any other alternative for treating this.
Please do reply inline to specif questions.
Dermal filler would also be required in addition to Botox injection
The vertical line which you see on forehead is actually a static wrinkle.
Since the vertical line is still visible after you stretch the skin on either side and is also present in a relaxed position, therefore it is a static wrinkle.
There are 2 types of wrinkles: static and dynamic.
Dynamic wrinkles appear on facial muscle contractions/ expressions i.e during smiling, frowning etc and disappear when the facial is in relaxed neutral position whereas, static wrinkles are present even on a relaxed face.
Botulinum toxin Or botox injection is a common cosmetic procedure to eliminate dynamic wrinkles i.e wrinkles that form on facial expressions therefore, it may improve partially but not completely eliminate static wrinkles.
For static wrinkles such as this, the defect has to be filled in with something that replaces the lost volume and suppleness i.e a dermal filler. This would be done in addition to botulinum toxin injection.
A commonly used dermal filler is hyaluronic acid filler (Restylane) that replaces the lost volume.
Filler would be costly and would cost anywhere between 20 k to 25 k.
Side effects are minor and transient like some swelling after the procedure and occasionally bruising.
The filler and botulinum toxin injection needs to be repeated at 6-8 months intervals.
Dermal filler is the only solution by which the lost volume can be replaced.
Is there any Natural way/Home Remedy to get rid of this Permanently?
No home remedy
Unfortunately there is no other solution Or a home remedy to eliminate a static wrinkle.
Dermal fillers are the only solution to replace the lost volume and thus eliminate the vertical gap/ wrinkle.
Fillers inj. need to repeat; botox would delay the natural degradation
Fillers are temporary, therefore, they would degrade gradually and hence you need to repeat them.
There are longer lasting fillers available too. Plain hyaluronic acid fillers e.g Restylane is short lasting whereas cross linked hyaluronic acid fillers e.g juvederm can last up to 2 years
Also, if you use fillers along with botulinum toxin the effect of fillers may last even longer..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for skin darkneing between the buttcheeks
- Diagnosed with molluscum contagiosum between legs suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for dandruff in my eyebrows
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Suggest treatment for itching and thinning of eyebrows and eyelashes
- Suggest treatment for painful lump between the breasts
- Suggest treatment for face swelling following dental treatment
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection between the groin folds
- Suggest treatment for eyebrow injury
- Suggest treatment for low fever with productive cough treatment
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body