Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones and dilation of bile duct
Welcome to HCM.
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.
I understand your concern.
You have stones in gall bladder and your common bile duct is dilated too. You are having what we call as chronic calculous cholecystitis. If you do not have acute exacerbation of symptoms, you should not be much worried.
Yes, you will need operation but as your doctor has said, it is not emergency but an elective operation. It is a long standing condition and hence, not necessarily an emergency. It is good that your pancreas, liver and other organs look normal.
Normal blood reports are required for preparation of operation so it will be helpful too.
So my suggestion will be to followup with your surgeon and get laparoscopic cholecystectomy done as he advises.
Hope I have answered your question.
Consult me for any further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Gall bladder stones surgery
- Gall bladder stone symptoms and treatments
- Gall bladder stones treatment
- Gall bladder stones causes
- Laser treatment of gall bladder stone
- Gall bladder stone in newborn
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- Gall bladder stone removal
- Gall bladder stones symptoms
- Gall bladder stone siddha treatment
- Suggest treatment for bloating and flatulence
- What causes sudden increase in BP readings with history of heart attack?
- Does over dosage of Piopar cause leg lymphodoema?
- Suggest treatment for palpitations and anxiety related issues
- Is mineville patch helpful in dealing with breast tumor?
- What causes tremendous weight loss after taking Obimet Sr?
- What causes constant retrosternal chest pain lasting for few minutes?
- Does unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy?
- Does pain in the my left rib cage indicate rib fracture?
- How long do symptoms of prostatitis last?