Suggest treatment for fungal infection on the scalp

Dr. Klarida Papaqako

Posted on Tue, 5 Sep 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: what kind of parasite could grow on the scalp and cause round patches, itch and look like small white tiny worms on the hair if you put lotion on the hair?
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload a photo. It looks like a fungal infection of the scalp.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your health query.
I read carefully your question and I understand your concern.

What you are describing seems like a fungal infection which is called Tinia capitis when it grows on the scalp.
Did the doctor give you also tablets or a cream/shampoo to apply on the patches?

If you want you can upload a photo of your scalp so I can have a look and evaluate them so I can recommend a treatment. To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

Looking forward to your follow up question.

Dr. Papaqako

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng