Suggest treatment for fungal infection on the right index finger

Dr. Rudina Balliu

Posted on Tue, 28 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a small"blister" on my right index finger located on the top of finger just where my nail starts to come out. It doesn't have any liquid or puss in it and is not hard, but is has caused my nail to deform(indentation) on a 1/3 of my nail all the way to the end where I trim it. Not sore and on no other fingers. Have had it for many months.
Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thank you for using Health Care Magic .
I have gone through your question.

From what you describe are 2 condition that I think that may be responsible :Fungal infection ( the treatment in this case could be antifungal therapy, Itraconazole) or this ""blister "is caused by a trauma before and if it stays in your finger you will keep having nail deformity ( in this case you should remove the "blister").
I would suggest to go to a local doctor ,he/she will examine your finger and confirm the diagnosis.

Hope i have answered your question.
Let me know if you have any other clarifications, i will be happy to help.
Take Care .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T