Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for fungal infection on skin

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6248 Questions
I have these red bumps, were more like bumps yesterday but today or still red but flatter. I go to massage parlors frequently (no sex, only happy ending by hand) and saw an escort 2 weeks ago who says she was clean. I spoke to her today and claims to see a doctor regularly and is clean. I also started using a new soap from TJ. I read that linear "bites" may be a sign of public lice or bed bugs. My wife had similar marks on her lower stomach, similar area to where I have it. What could it be?
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. If you look closely the lesion and making circular pattern. Probably you are suffering from fungal infection. Presence of similar lesion in wife supports the diagnosis. Please apply antifungal cream, this will help you. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for fungal infection on skin 6 hours later
Thank you. Is this something I could have contracted from my risky behavior? Also, this isn't genital warts correct? If left untreated, will it clear up on its own? I've had athletes foot for a long time, never treated it. Could what I have in my lower abdomen area be related to the athletes foot? Also, do you recommend a particular brand of anti fungal cream? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 19 hours later
Brief Answer: yes Detailed Answer: Hello Yes, this infection may spread due to risky behavior. This is not genital wart and it may clear up on its own, but its better to get treated. Even athletes foot is caused by same fungus. The treatment remains same. You can apply funcicide, clodid or candid cream. All the above are trade name of same cream ( clotrimazole). Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor