Suggest treatment for fungal infection on skin

Dr. Lohit K

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have been diagnosed with a skin yeast infection (not vaginal) on my legs and crouch. Now it seems to be in the web areas of my fingers and back side of hand. I have seen two seperate doctors neither of which would perscribe the pill ducofloxin (sp?) if they are telling me it is yeast, why won't they perscribe oral meds?
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
may be waiting to see the response with topical ag

Detailed Answer:

I went through the query and understood your concern.

For fungal infection in skin usually topical application of antifungal agent(I prefrr clotrimazole cream) continuously for maximum 1 month will completely cure it. Even oral drugs can be prescribed but your doctor may be waiting to see the response with topical agent and if this doesn't help then he may try oral agents since oral medications can cause some side effects.
So if you don't see any response with in a week and since it is spreading you can ask your doctor for prescription of oral medications.

If there is severe itching, antihistamine like cetrizine or loratidine will help in relieving the symptoms. Use only sun dried cotton clothes and keep the site dry.

I hope this information helps you and answered your concern. Feel free to ask for any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.
Wish you faster recovery and good health.