Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for fungal infection on skin

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1649 Questions
I have been diagnosed with a skin yeast infection (not vaginal) on my legs and crouch. Now it seems to be in the web areas of my fingers and back side of hand. I have seen two seperate doctors neither of which would perscribe the pill ducofloxin (sp?) if they are telling me it is yeast, why won't they perscribe oral meds?
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
may be waiting to see the response with topical ag

Detailed Answer:

I went through the query and understood your concern.

For fungal infection in skin usually topical application of antifungal agent(I prefrr clotrimazole cream) continuously for maximum 1 month will completely cure it. Even oral drugs can be prescribed but your doctor may be waiting to see the response with topical agent and if this doesn't help then he may try oral agents since oral medications can cause some side effects.
So if you don't see any response with in a week and since it is spreading you can ask your doctor for prescription of oral medications.

If there is severe itching, antihistamine like cetrizine or loratidine will help in relieving the symptoms. Use only sun dried cotton clothes and keep the site dry.

I hope this information helps you and answered your concern. Feel free to ask for any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.
Wish you faster recovery and good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor