Suggest treatment for fungal infection on groin

Dr. Deepika Patil

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I got black skin over the groin fungal
Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
continue treatment for few more weeks

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic .

I read your query and understand your concern . According to your history and picture i too think it is tinea infection.

Slight infection still appears to be there. usually in fungal infection hyperpigmentation may take time to regain normal colour after subciding of infection.

i would suggest you to use ketocanazole powder instead of ointment because it will take care of sweating also. As more the area remains dry infection will be controlled better. For itching you may take antihistaminics like cetrizine.

Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help.

Dr.Deepika Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T