Suggest treatment for fungal infection on ear causing itching

Question
Lot of Itching in ears for last three days. On examination, can see some white fungal. What can i do to get rid of it. Is monsoon season responsible. Never face such issue before
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try antihistamines...

Detailed Answer:

Fungal infections are not common infection unless one is immunocompromised. Therefore unless you have previous history of high blood sugar, had previous ear infections or a chronic infection running through it is less likely that you have fungus in the ear.

What other symptoms you have besides itching?

If the symptoms strongly point toward fungal infection, I would like to conduct some tests on the ears and to check your body resistance before starting its treatment. You should consult an ENT surgeon to run those tests.

In the meanwhile you can take antihistamine drugs like cetrizine 10mg at night to relieve the itches.

I don't find any factors that point towards monsoon season as the cause here. But I will like to discuss further in the follow up.