Suggest treatment for fungal infection on arm
Possible fungal infection...
Hi dear colleague,
Thank you for sharing your concern with us.
I have gone through your skin eczema, and I think that might indicate fungal infection. So, I advise to run a skin examination to rule out fungal infection.
For the moment, until the results are in, can apply miconazole cream mixed with steroid cream you are currently taking. Should keep the area well moistened to avoid further skin damages.
Hope it helped! Let me know if I can assist your further!
Thank you for following up.
Sorry for the missed reply as I unfortunately, I was not able to see well the red line going up your line in the photos I got.
I went through the photos again, and noted only a small line in one of the photos (but not as a line going up your arm). It seems to be an inflamed/infected artery (arteritis), possibly Takayasu's arteritis.
As you are not having any symptom at all, further examinations are required for final diagnosis:
- angiogram of blood vessels of the arm
- measure ERS and CRP levels
- complete blood work
With regards the treatment, can start corticosteroid therapy (with prednisone):
- for the first few days intra-muscular therapy
- then, can continue with oral therapy
You can discuss it further with rheumatologist for specific advice as this is a chronic disease and needs long-term follow up. Apart steroids, I usually, prescribe antibiotics of penicillin group to my patients (1 course at least intramuscular together with steroids).
Hope it answered to your questions!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Otc fungal infection treatment
- Suggest treatment for paiful fungal infection on foot
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the groin
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection on foot
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the groin region
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection on feet
- Treatment of fungal infection of the axilla
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection on skin
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection on tongue
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection between the groin folds