Suggest treatment for fungal infection of the nails

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: i have the nail issue for quite a long time ....i want to know whether it's a calcium deficiency or any other infection
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the query and photograph.

You seem to have developed a fungal infection of nails. It is not due to calcium deficiency.
I treat such cases with a topical antifungal cream like clotrimazole to be applied twice daily and tablet fluconazole 150 mg per week. This medication is need to be continued for at least 6 months for recovery.
This combination is safe but it's always better to meet a doctor before starting any medication.
Take precautions to improve immunity like hygienic food, cleaner drinking water and regular exercise.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj