Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

139 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for fungal infection of penis

Answered by
Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti


Practicing since :1998

Answered : 1765 Questions

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Penis Problems
Question: From 2 to 3 days after sex i get this on my penis
And takes 10 to 12 days to recover from this
My sex life is been disturbed
Pls help me
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fungal or viral infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for query. I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering your query.
I went through the picture sent by you.
These may be due to viral or fungal infection.
If your partner is having any white discharge or white Curdy type discharge with itching it is more likely to be fungal infection then both need to apply topical clotrimazole creams and take oral antifungal after discussion with your doctor.
If pain is also a complaint for you and wife also has history of herpes or these tiny grouped type vesicle or boils then it is herpes genitalis.You need antivirals like acyclovir 200mg 5 times a day for 5- 7 days after discussion with your doctor.Both need to take treatment if present in both.
You need to clean the area twice at least with warm water.
Use protectives like condoms to prevent transmission between either of you.
You can discuss with your doctor for diagnosis investigation and treatment.
These can spread among partners having single partners.
You can get back to me for any clarifications
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Drug/Medication ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Oral antifungal

doctor1 MD

Hello doc my mother has some skin problem

doctor1 MD

any idea what these white marks are

doctor1 MD

Having a terrible yeast infection….used the Monistate with cortisone and it is burning awful and can't get any relief! is there anything else i can do!