Suggest treatment for fungal infection of in groin area
It could be a fungal infection
Many thanks for consulting in Health Care Magic.
By what you quote, I think that your daughter might be having a fungal infection of her external genitalia & groin region. Moreover you say that thrice the urinalysis has come negative for bacterial infection. Additionally the symptoms have alleviated by the vagisil & aveeno external applications.
Coming to your queries-
1. Vagisil 1% hydrocortisone cream is a mild steroid which might act synergistically while using an antifungal.
2. Lotrimin contains Clotrimazole which is an antifungal which gives good results. Its an over the counter drug and can be used as external application. I suggest you use it according to the dosage pattern or twice a day after cleansing and drying the genital area of your kid. It might slightly irritate initially but it works well. If she developes severe reaction of skin I suggest you stop it.
3. Another suggestion is that after she starts getting better, change all her undergarments & get new ones of cotton & not synthetic material. Drink cleaner water and hygienic food.
4. If above measures don't work or if there is a recurrence of symptoms after a period of time... I suggest you consult a dermatologist.
Hope my answer was helpful for you. Happy to help anytime. Further clarifications and consultations on Health Care Magic are welcome. I wish your 6 year old a speedy recovery from her symptoms.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the groin
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection on foot
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection on feet
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the groin region
- Is xolegel used in the treatment of fungal infection, groin ?
- Is canesten used in the treatment of fungal infection, groin ?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection on skin
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection on tongue
- Treatment for fungal infection groin
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection between the groin folds
- What causes recurrent cold,cough and high fever in a child?
- What should be Neozeet dosage for cold and cough in a child?
- What causes swelling and redness on eyelid after taking Desonide?
- What causes an indentation on upper back?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea in an infant
- Does black molds in house during pregnancy cause any complication?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection of in groin area
- What causes swollen cluster of veins on lower back?
- What causes diarrhea with vomiting?
- What causes low appetite after stomach infection?