Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for fungal infection of genitals

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016
Excellent

Urologist
Question
Dear Sir

This is XXXXXXX i hope u remember me , i had contacted u last month(June 12) with regards to infection in the penis due to std.

I was residing in bangkok recently XXXXXXX visited a hospital and consulted a urologist, he examined penis and said there was discharge from the penis, and treated with injection and antibiotic( DOXYCYCLINE-100 MG Capsule)

I was using that anticbtiotic for two weeks and it finished,

i had to move out of thailand because of visa issues, and am resising in cambodia now

however there is still discharge from the penis and infection still seems to be there and little pain while urniating

i had done a blood test to determine if i have diabeties, and i do have diabeties , of 197

can u please advise me proper medication to treat thisso the discharge can stop and the nfection goes away

wld really appreciate your help
Posted Sat, 2 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be due Genital Candidiasis.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have Genital Candidiasis (Fungal Infection of the genitals)

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Did you have unprotected sex before you noticed these symptoms ?
2) Do you have itching of the genital?
3) Have you done swab test and culture of urethral discharge before you started taking Doxicycline?

Please get swab test and culture of the urethral discharge to confirm the diagnosis.

In the mean while start taking antibiotic like Erythromycin and anti fungal medication like Fluconozole twice daily and topical anti fungal jelly like Fluconozole for local application.

Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily

Ensure to avoid sexual encounters till it heals up completely.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for fungal infection of genitals 26 minutes later
hi

thank u for your response

to answer your questions

1. i did not use condom last time i had sex, but i did not put it inside vagina, it was only on outside

i have never inserted inside a ladys vagina till date during sex

2. yes, i do have itching feeling in genital area

3.the doctor i consulted was a specalist at a hospital, he wanted to start the treatment from zero ,he gave me two options

a.operation
b. injection and antibiotics treatment & follow up later

i chose injection and antibiotic treatment, i could not go for follow up as my visa xpired

no swab test were done

is operation nesscary or can this b cured with antibiotics?

should i start the medication advised right away..?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to start treatmnt suggested by me.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.You get the tests done and start treatment which I have suggested in my reply earlier .

Please consult Diabetologist for advise as regards treatment for diabetes and ensure that your diabetes is well controlled with medication .
There is no need to undergo surgery.
It will get cured with medicines.
Thanks and Regards.
D.Patil.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for fungal infection of genitals 3 minutes later
thanks for reply

i will start with the medication and consult a doctor here also for the swab test

hope this will work, i have this problem since may 16... its better from before..but not gone

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Go ahead and follow the instructions given.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing again .
Do write to me about results of these tests and any improvement in your symptoms after taking medications for a week.
Thanks and Regards.

Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for fungal infection of genitals 16 hours later
g morning

i have got the following from the local pharmacy here

1.Zocon-150-Fluconazole Tablets 150 mg
2.Erythromycin- 500 mg
3.Ketoconazole Cream

Fluconazole cream was not avaliable with the pharmacist, she recommended Ketoconazole Cream, please advise if ok to use

thaks

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can take medicines supplied by your chemist.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.

Start taking medications supplied by chemist .It will get cured within a week provided or diabetes is controlled .
Thanks and Regards,
Dr.Patil.