Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the groin area

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 16 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I am suffering from fungal infection in my groin area. What can be the besy way to get rid of it. I am looking for some oral pills which can cure the infection asap.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Capsule itraconazole and luliconazole cream

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
For fungal infection recommend my patients to take oral as well topical antifungals.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to take capsule itraconazole 100 mg twice daily and apply luliconazole cream on the affected areas once daily for 3-4 weeks.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Besides this keep the area dry, avoid sharing of soap and towel, wear cotton underwear and stay in cool airy environment.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad