Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the genitals

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 6 Jan 2017 in Men's Health
Question: My age 56 I got for skin tight of pennies and getting white fluid last from 5 days. Before that I have antibiotics for throat infection and caugh
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You seem to have Genital Fungal Infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have Genital Fungal Infection with secondary Phimosis

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problems
1) Are you diabetic if yes is it under control?

Genital Fungal Infection is very common in diabetic individuals .

Get following basic test done to help to establish diagnosis
1) Blood Sugar Levels both on empty stomach and 2 hours after lunch to trace out diabetes
2) Swab test and culture of a discharge from the penis .

Start taking antibiotics like Cefexime and anti fungal medication like Fluconazole twice daily along with anti fungal cream like Candid cream for local application .

Ensure to wash your genital with warm water twice daily .

Ensure to avoid sexual activities till the issue gets resolved .

If problem persists even after 10 days you will need to consult qualified Urlogist for evaluation and get circumcised .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng