• question-icon

Suggest treatment for fungal infection in groin area

Posted on Mon, 13 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question:      Sir/mam, I am struggling from fungal infection. It was in 2010 when I first got fungal infection first on my penis and whole area near by then on my full butt and it spreaded below also and big rings were formed on thighs. I didn’t tell my parents then as I was very shy and didn’t knew what this was. Day by day it increased. I used powders, oil, onion paste, and Dettol and it gave me burns then also I used it as it gave some relief. It used to itch so much that I can’t control myself and took bath 1-2 times at night. I struggled till winter and I got permanent relief but it left behind stretch marks and my butt looks horrible and scary even now and whenever I sweat, I get fungal infection and it happens almost daily in the form of mild itching. Its recurring. I visited a doctor 2 times for same some days before and also got some relief by applying a cream twice daily and a tablet for 4 weeks, once and an anti-fungal powder. My thighs had also got stretch marks which itches sometimes. Please solve my queries after seeing the pics. 1.     How to treat fungal stretch marks? 2.     I cannot sit in a chair more than an hour because my butt gets sweat and it itches a lot. why It is sweating so much? I am really frustrated. Please give some solution. 3.     Near my nose it always remains red and itches until I apply a cream at night and for back acne, I was prescribed isotrrretinonn 20 for a month. And it helped for acne but not for nose. And It is running now daily at night.
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Creams based on aloe vera and vitamin E is good.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM

I have gone through your query. I didn't get any picture. You can upload picture through report option.
Fungal infections can be long standing. So you may need long term treatment.
1,2) You can use ketoconazole soap and apply ketoconazole powder on areas you sweat for eradicating fungal infection completely. Applying Lamisil (terbinafine) lotion is also good. Use loose and cotton underwear. Avoid underwear while sleeping. To treat stretch mark you can use creams based on aloe vera and vitamin E.
3. Itching on nose and redness can be due to allergy. By taking antihistamines like cetirizine for short term will be helpful. You can also apply hydrocortisone cream (Cortisone1) for local application.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Nishad BN 3 hours later
Thank you sir.
1)sir, can I replace my daily normal bathing soap with ketoconazole soap and also powder for long time?
2)what is the duration of lotion use?
3)please go through the pics.
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained below.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome again.

Thank you for your follow up.

1. Yes you can replace your soap with ketoconazole soap. Powder you can apply on skin folds where you sweat. This you can use for 1 month.
2. Lamisil lotion also you can use for 4 weeks.
3. I have gone through the pictures. You can use creams based on aloe vera and vitamin E for this. Taking vitamin E supplements is also good. Mostly these stretch marks are due to weight loss or muscle mass loss. So doing exercises for muscles is also good to remove the stretch marks.
Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Nishad BN