Suggest treatment for frequent urination
I am 26 years old guy working in IT industry.
I have done full body check up. Attached my report here.
I am suffering from frequent urination since more than one and half year. Need to go for urination after every hour.
please go through my report. My sugar is also normal. I was suffered from kidney stone 3 years ago. but its ok.
I am trying to figure it out since 6 months what's wrong with my Kidney or balder. I doubt there is problem with my kidney or bladder.
Please help me.
Is there need to do any test to check kidney and bladder functioning.?
Also, are all report ok?
Reduce fluid intake, beverages and stress.
Thanks for your query.
I have looked at your reports and all of them are normal. Frequent urination is generally caused due to urine infection, diabetes, renal stone, enlarged prostate etc. But you don't seem to have any of those. So that means there is nothing to worry.
Urinating maximum 7 times a day is normal. The other causes can include increased fluid intake, you should have XXXXXXX 3 liters. Make sure you are not having more than that. Excess water intake also leads to excess urination.
Having excess of diuretics like coffee/tea, alcohol also leads to increase in frequency. Stress and anxiety are other factors.
I would suggest you to have a tab on intake of water, limit your beverages and reduce stress if any and look if it improves.
If your symptoms persists or worsens it is best to meet your physician for further evaluation and treatment.
I hope this answered your query.
Thanks for quick & brief reply.
My water intake is not more than 3 liter. Also, I take alcohol occasionally only.
Not that much stress and not having excess of tea.
Then also I am used to go more than 12 time a day for urination.
Is there need to do any test for Kidney & bladder functioning.?
I am worrying because I think frequent urination will affect my Kidney or urinary system.
Bladder training, Kegel exercises, Rule out constipation,Prescription drugs
Other possibility is that maybe your bladder has got trained to pass urine in frequent intervals. You can try
1) Bladder retraining - This involves increasing the intervals between using the bathroom over the course of about 12 weeks. This helps retrain your bladder to hold urine longer and to urinate less frequently.
2) Diet modification - Avoid carbonated drinks, tomato-based products, chocolate, and spicy foods. Include high-fiber foods, because constipation may worsen the symptoms of overactive bladder syndrome.
3) Kegel exercises - These exercises help strengthen the muscles around the bladder and urethra to improve bladder control and reduce urinary urgency and frequency. Exercising pelvic muscles for five minutes three times a day can help in bladder control.
You can go for
-Repeat urine routine
-Urine culture to rule out any infections which is unlikely.
-Cystometry (checks the pressure of the bladder, it determines if a muscle or nerve problem may be causing problems with how well the bladder holds or releases urine.)
If your symptoms still persists I would suggest you to meet a physician or urologist for prescription drugs which reduce the frequency, but that will be prescribed only after a detailed examination.
I hope this answered your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Frequent urination enlarged prostrate treatment
- What is the treatment for frequent urination in children
- What is the treatment for frequent urination
- Suggest treatment for frequent urination with mild tingling
- Suggest medication for frequent urination
- Suggest treatment for frequent urination
- Treatment and cure for Frequent urination
- What is the cause and treatment for frequent urination
- Suggest treatment for burning and frequent urination
- Child having frequent urination treatment