• question-icon

Suggest treatment for frequent urination

Posted on Fri, 8 Jul 2016 in General Health
Question: We are in month of ramadan where Muslim fasts from sunrise to sunset. My wife previously had burning sensation near vagina issues when she was not taking enough water in a day.

From past few days since the start of ramadan, my wife is also keeping fast and has been complaining of burning sensation near vagina starting from second half of the day. when she takes cranberry extract pill in night symptom was reliefed in night but comes back next day. She has been complaining frequent urination. Also when passing urine she is not complaining about any burning issue its only burning senstation near her vagina which is causing dis-comfort. This burning sensation is obsrrved only when she is having fequent urination issue

During pre-dawn meal and after iftarr (after sun sets), she tries to consume maximum amount of water but problem is still persistting from day to night.

When she passes urine, she doesnt feel any burning sensation and feel her bladder is empty after passing urine. but after some times she again feel urges to urinate but quantity is low, this urge to urinate (in small quantity) happens multiple time through the day

Please advice what we need to do to overcome her urine burning sensation problem. When earlier we had same issue, all the urine test came negative and then also cranberry pill consumption helped to reliefed the problem
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urine culture advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir, thanks for trusting Health Care Magic.
I understand your problem and the course events going on.
She needs to get her urine culture test done at the earliest.

After giving the sample she should start tablet Nitrofurantoin twice a day and Tablet Flavospas also twice a day.

Most likely symptoms will be relieved but in case it doesn't then go to a gynecologist for examination.
Urine culture report will decide the change of antibiotic in case needed.

Dr Manisha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 28 minutes later
Thanks Doctor for your advice, what is the duration of these medicines. Since she is fasting from 4 am to 7 pm, is it fine if she takes these medicine in morning 4 am and and then evening 7 pm? do we need to take these after meal or before meal?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can take it at 4 am and 7 pm

Detailed Answer:
Yes dear she can take it at 4 am and then 7 pm do that all rituals can be done effectively.
These should be taken with meal always.
Get urine culture done and then we will discuss the reports
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 4 hours later
Thanks doctor for your response, i have given her urine sample for routine test. pathology lab told that after routine exam if required i need to give new sample for culture examination. I would send routine report by EoD
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can discuss reports anytime

Detailed Answer:
Yes dear,

you can discuss the report anytime. You have a feature to upload the reports by yourself on the right side of this query page. Please utilize it. Alternatively, mail it to  YYYY@YYYY with subject line as 'attention to Dr. Manisha Jain'.
All the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Hi Doctor, Urine routine report attached for review. Please advice
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take the medicine as advised

Detailed Answer:
I have seen the attached report and it is fine so no need for culture test.
But take the medicine as advised and she will be relieved soon.
In case you have any questions in future you can contact me directly on http://bit.ly/drmanishajain
All the best for her health.
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 33 minutes later
Thanks doctor for the response, please let me know how long we need to take " Nitrofurantoin twice a day and Tablet Flavospas also twice a day."?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
5 days

Detailed Answer:
Take these for 5 days.
Don't miss the tablets and also take the full course.
I hope she will feel better with two doses only.
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 13 hours later
Thanks doctor for the prescription, please note my wife is allergic to Sulphur, Pencillin, Ciprofloxacin medicines. Hopefully medicine above are safe in view of her allergies
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Safe medicine

Detailed Answer:
Yes dear all the medicine given before are safe and this can be consumed by her despite the allergies mentioned
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN