Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for frequent urination at night leading to disturbed sleep when having mild prostate?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9579 Questions
Sir, i got mild prostate as per sonograhpy done & taking medicine as per doctor advice. i feel heavy down after urination within half an hour without taking water also. so i cant ravel night bus journey & don't XXXXXXX sleep full night at home Dialy. i wake up at 2 am night for urine passing & not get sleep till morning. can you please advice me any medicine or healty tips so that i can get good sleep full night at my home.Night time frequent urination 4/5 times without taking water before sleep. so please advice. thanks XXXX urnine passing & no sleep after that till morning. Kindly advice me
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer: It could be due to Bladder Neck Obstruction. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have nocturnal frequency of urination. Assuming that your diabetes is well controlled and your Ultrasound scanning revealed mild enlargement of prostate ,your symptoms could be due to Bladder Outlet Obstruction due to what is called as Bladder Neck Obstruction.where symptoms are similar to enlarged Prostate. This can be confirmed only on endoscopic examination of Bladder (Cystoscopy). Please consult qualified Urologist for Cystoscopic Evaluation. Pleae start taking alpha blockers like Tomsulosin once daily at night which relax smooth muscles of the bladder neck and help in reducing the nocturnal frequency. If confirmed on cystoscopy and symptoms persist even after taking Tomsulosin you may need to undergo endoscopic surgery of Bladder Neck Incision. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor