Suggest treatment for frequent urination and urge to urinate
I am experiencing an urine problem for last 3 months. Frequent urination, Urgency to urinate and burning feeling inside urine tube. I have consulted urologist and he has asked me to take urine routine, culture and KUB scan. Everything was normal, therefore, the doctor prescribed the following antibiotics, Offlox 200, Tamflo 0.4 and Zerdol (Paracetamol) for a month. Also citrate soda for 5 days. I took all as described by the doctor except the zerodol (took only for a week) which hurt my stomach as i have stomach ulcer. But the condition has not improved and the burning feeling has increased now. I have consulted the doctor again and he has prescribed Citralka Liquid and urispas tablet for a week. He asked to take urine routine and culture again before and after the massage at the end of urine tube to check any infection. Can you please help of what could be an issue in my case?
Need further evaluation.
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have increased frequency for urination,urgency and burning since last three months which have not resolved even after taking antibiotics and urinary anti spasmodic
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Did you have pain in perineal region ?
2) Are you married and have monogamous relation with your female partner.
3)Did you have unprotected sex before you started these symptoms?
4) How is your urine stream ,weak or normal ?
5) Are you diabetic?
6) Do you have painful ejaculation?
7) Has the Urologist conducted Digital Rectal Examination ?
The symptoms that you have narrated are either due to UTI , infection of the Prostate.(Prostatitis ) or what is called as Over Active Bladder Syndrome(OAB)
Please get swab test and culture of the urethral discharge obtained after prostatic massage done to trace out any infection of prostate.
In the mean while start taking broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.
Please do write about the information I have asked for so as to help me to make precise comments and suggestions on your problems.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
1) Did you have pain in perineal region ? - No. Now mild pain is in between stomach and penis (i.e. just above penis) when the bladder gets full.
2) Are you married and have monogamous relation with your female partner. - No
3)Did you have unprotected sex before you started these symptoms? - No
4) How is your urine stream ,weak or normal ? - Had urine flow test and the speed is normal.
5) Are you diabetic? - No
6) Do you have painful ejaculation? - No
7) Has the Urologist conducted Digital Rectal Examination ? - No
Please provide the dosage of Cefexime & Nitrofurantoin (i.e. mg). Can I take Citralka liquid for urine alkaliser as I am already taking this?
Repeat Urine culture and Culture of Uethral Discharge.
Thanks for feed back.
You did not get results with Ofloxacin ,It is likely that organisms may not be sensitive to Ofloxacin
Please repeat urine culture and get swab test and culture of urethral discharge to find out organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to so that infection can be controlled with appropriate antibiotic.
In the mean while continue treatment which I have suggested in my reply earlier and switch on to antibiotics as per culture report.
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Frequent urination enlarged prostrate treatment
- What is the treatment for frequent urination
- Suggest treatment for frequent urination with mild tingling
- Suggest medication for frequent urination
- Suggest treatment for frequent urination
- Adderall urge to frequently urinate
- Frequent urination and urge to vomit
- Treatment and cure for Frequent urination
- Suggest treatment for burning and frequent urination
- Child having frequent urination treatment