Suggest treatment for frequent urination and prostate enlargement

Posted on Wed, 19 Oct 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I HAVE FREQUENT URINATION PROBLEM FOR THE PAST 15 YEARS, I AM NOW 67 YEARS OLD. It gets aggrevated at times. I took scan three times to see prostate enlargement and the urine retention level is 25%. They doctors said no need to go for surgery. I am taking Himplasia tablet two daily. Why it is getting aggrevated at times?
Answered by Dr. Rishi 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should start medicines for prostate.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Welcome to Health Care Magic and Thanks for your question
Since you have a Prostate problem I suggest you get a Serum PSA done and start Tab Tamsulosin or Alfuzosin daily at night after dinner. This will stabilize the size of your prostate and decrease the size and your problems will improve. But it will take 4 to 6 weeks for optimum action.
As for episodes of increased problems, they are fairly normal. Do not worry they will settle down with the medicines.Do let me know the PSAreport. It is a simple blood test.
Do let me know if there are any queries on this issue.
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Dr. Rishi

General Surgeon