Suggest treatment for frequent urination and prostate enlargement

Posted on Wed, 19 Oct 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I HAVE FREQUENT URINATION PROBLEM FOR THE PAST 15 YEARS, I AM NOW 67 YEARS OLD. It gets aggrevated at times. I took scan three times to see prostate enlargement and the urine retention level is 25%. They doctors said no need to go for surgery. I am taking Himplasia tablet two daily. Why it is getting aggrevated at times?
Answered by Dr. Rishi 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should start medicines for prostate.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health Care Magic and Thanks for your question
Since you have a Prostate problem I suggest you get a Serum PSA done and start Tab Tamsulosin or Alfuzosin daily at night after dinner. This will stabilize the size of your prostate and decrease the size and your problems will improve. But it will take 4 to 6 weeks for optimum action.
As for episodes of increased problems, they are fairly normal. Do not worry they will settle down with the medicines.Do let me know the PSAreport. It is a simple blood test.
Do let me know if there are any queries on this issue.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Rishi

General Surgeon

Practicing since :1999

Answered : 1312 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Drug/Medication ,  
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Frequent urination

doctor1 MD

I have been recently diagnosed (ultra sonogram)to have a mild enlargement of Prostate. I am 56 years old. I do not need to get up at night for...

doctor1 MD

hello, i am 22 year old girl,i have severe pain during urination and very frequent urination,doctor said its bladder infection so suggested me to...

doctor1 MD

Respectable Doctor, I am a 42 years old unmarried male. There is strong smell in my urine for the past 3-4 years. Occasionally I faced minor...

doctor1 MD

hi Doctor, From past two days I am suffering from frequent urination (every 15-20 mins) and having the urge to Urinate often.Consulted a urologist...

doctor1 MD

I'm having slight bleeding when I urinate and also light vaginal bleeding . I am also having slight abdominal pain . I had cervical cancer and had...

doctor1 MD

I m freaking myself out that I have bladder cancer! I ve had frequent urination for about two months. Now I m having dull pains and cramps on my...

doctor1 MD

I’m a male 76 years of age and have had some pain in the pubic area when I urinate - I have had to yhrinate very frequently as well for the past...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

199 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction