Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for frequent small red dots on penis glans

User rating for this question
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3190 Questions
Hello, I'm 46 and I frequently get small red dots on penis glans. Sometimes only one that lately splits into two and so on ... They seems to be a little above the surface of the skin. They don't itch and I don't have any pain. They disappeare after 3 month or so. Could you please give me an advice how can I get rid of it? I have already tried with Lamisil but with no success. Big thanks !!!
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possibly due to blockage of ducts Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Mr XXXXX Presence of Chronic sub clinical chronic that is long standing inflammation of the glans of penis leads to blockage of ducts of glans causing the smegma to get inspissated causing sterile inflammation of the glands appearing like red dots. Just local application of antifungal cream won't be sufficient. I would suggest you the following 1. Hot seitz bath; to a tub of lukewarm water add handful of common table salt. Sit in it for 15 to 20 minutes each session twice a day. It will relieve the blockage. 2. Local application of Steroid ointment like Betamethasone applied twice daily for 3 weeks will be beneficial. In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor