Suggest treatment for frequent lower abdominal pain
Further tests are needed as following...
I understand your concern.
The lower left abdominal pain your boyfriend is having due to possibly increased gas especially if he has been having constipation problems recently.
As the pain is present after eating, this is because the bowels starts moving when eating.
If I was his caring doctor would advise to run further exams apart changes in his diet and lifestyle regimen:
- abdominal ultrasound
- fecal analysis
- food intolerance testing
For the moment, I advise to:
- increase fluids intake
- encourage him to be more physically active
- take probiotics to normalize intestinal flora
- take simethicone to reduce gas
- if constipated, try to avoid constipation as much as he can
- take mephenamic acid/buscopan to ease the pain
Hope it was of help!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lower abdominal pain with mirena
- Frequent urination lower abdominal pain hiv
- Lower abdominal pain on implanon
- Lower abdominal pain on cerazette
- What is the treatment for lower abdominal pain
- Treatment for lower abdominal pain
- Lower abdominal pain taken proverb treatment reason
- Fatigue lower abdominal pain
- Dull lower abdominal pain with frequent urination
- Lower abdominal pain ketonuria