Suggest treatment for frequent headaches

Dr. Remy Koshy

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: The problem is headache which is very frequent, specially on Sunday mornings. But instead of pain on the sides, I usually have pain in the middle of the head, as if Brain is having that pain, that may be because of stress of daily routine. I have to take pills (Saridon) to overcome that
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
need a few more details related

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting your query in HealthcareMagic,

I have read through your query and can understand your concern,

Before I could guide you any further, I would like to know a few more details related:

- how often do you get headaches?
- your daily lifestyle and routine?
- what time of the day does it increase?
- do you have any associated features like double vision, photophobia, nausea?
- any history of eye strain, alcohol, sinus infection?
- does it relieve on medication like paracetamol or ibuprofen?

Kindly update me with answers for the above questions

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Remy Koshy 45 minutes later
Hello Doctor,
pls find the answers to your queries:

- how often do you get headaches?
for last few months, its not regular, but it used to be once in a week
- your daily lifestyle and routine?
simple lifestyle, with routine like home to office and back, with sitting job at computers all the day
it used to increase by noon
No problem as such, but I wear spectacle, with minor eye problem (.75)
No
never tried any of these, but Saridon always worked.
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
explained below

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,
Thanks for the follow up,

Sorry for the delay in replying back,

From the description that you have provided i would suggest the following:

- Tension headache- this may manifest due to the undue exposure to stress and it appears as contractions around the head. Treatment lies with analgesics like paracetamol, ketorolac, and stress management classes, cognitive behavior therapy.

I would suggest you to consult with a neurologist, if you seem to have increased pains and get a CT scan done so as to rule out any brain related causes.

I hope this helps

Please feel free to discuss further

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana