Suggest treatment for frequent fever and cold in a child

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Wed, 23 May 2018 in Child Health
Question: Hello Doctor,

I am bit worried about my daughter health. She is getting suffered from fever and cold very frequently by the time we enrolled her to school. We have inspected the school about their hygiene. But didn't find any thing inappropriate over there. Most of pediatrician we have visited mentioned that it is so prominent to get suffered by flu while child put on schools in early age. Could you please help me to understand the problem and suggest some prescription or doctors in XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Some children are prone to catching cold

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through the details and understand your concern. Most often such symptoms are due an allergic component. Treatment is supportive and usually comprises of antiallergic medication and mucolytic. The blocked nose is also due to the same cause. Giving Montair LC Kid (monteleukast + levocetirizine, prescription medicine) should help. Cetirizine is an over the counter alternative that can also be given instead. Some children are more prone to catching cold and recurrent episodes are seen. If your child is otherwise active and playful, I would not be concerned. If not, it would be a good idea to visit a doctor and to get the child evaluated. A blood allergy test would need to be done in that situation. Desensitization therapy based on the reports should help.

The following pediatricians or hospitals in XXXXXXX could perhaps help you out:

XXXX XXXXXXX
Address: XXXX XXXXXXX Panjagutta, XXXXXXX XXXX 0000
Phone: 0000

Dr. XXXX. XXXXXXX
Address: XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXX, XXXX, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXX 0000
Phone: 0000

XXXX
XXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Address: XXXX XXXX, XXXX, XXXX, XXXX, XXXXXXX XXXX
Phone: 0000

I hope that I could clear your doubts.

Feel free to write back.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj