• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for frequent diarrhea and sensitivity to right side of abdomen

Posted on Wed, 8 Feb 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I had obstruction surgery due to crohns. After 2 years I still feel sensitive on the right side they also took out my appendix I have frequent diarrhea Still. Burning in my front upper leg. Is this normal.
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
you should take tablet pentasa and or budesonide regularly

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thanks for putting your query in HCM. I am a Gastroenterologist

I can understand your concerns. You have not mentioned whether you are on any medication or not. In my opinion you shouldbe still on tab pentasa and or budesonide depending on the disease severity which may alleviate the above mentioned symptom of diarrhoea which you have

Burning in front upper lef may be due to some vitamin deficiency which is common in crohns disease or due to some neuropatgic or endocrinopathy. So for this wull suggest you to visit a Neurologist for evaluation and management.

I hope I hae answered your query and this will help you. Wish you a good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Amit Jain 15 minutes later
Thank you. I had my Pendix removed do u think when it was healing other nuerves coneecting. No medication just a power for the diarrhea. I was just worried about the burning in my right leg.
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you should vist a Neurologist for evaluation of burning in leg

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back. For diarrhoea you ahve to be on some medicine depending on the cause. In the background of crohns disease it may be assumed it is due to that only for which you require tab pentasa thrice a day and budesonide for maintainence.

For burning sensationin leg it can be due to many reason one which yiu have mentionedthat Iis entrapment of nerves while helaing is rare. Other causes are vitamin deficiency, crohns itself can involve nerves and can lead to neuropathy. So you should visit a Neurolgist for the evaluation of same.

Thanks. Wish you agood health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Answered by
Dr. Amit Jain


Practicing since :2000

Answered : 1524 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Appendix

doctor1 MD

I have pain in my lower abdomen. Usually it is urine track infection. It comes more often. The last time I was at the doctor they did not fine...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I'm a 52 year old healthy female with no history of heart problems. I have constant medium pain last 48 hours in upper right torso near rib...

doctor1 MD

I have had a pain in my right side, around the rib cage spreading to my stomach and to my spinal cord . Skin is sore to the touch, burning an...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

137 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Amit Jain
  • Q - Ultrasound showing Liver Cirrhosis. Endoscopy showed duodenal ulcers....

  • Q - Able to lead life with prolapsed rectum. Could I postpone the surgery?

  • Q - Had gastroendoscopy. Report states polyp in proximal third of esophagus...

  • Q - Blood work shows elevated ALT levels. What does it indicate?

  • Q - What could be the reason for bloating after eating?

  • Q - What does echogenic debris in a liver cyst mean?

  • Q - Facing weight loss, loss of appetite, stomach pain and constipation....

  • Q - Taking probiotics for nausea and constipation. Having dark loose stools....

  • Q - Prescribed with rabeprazole for stomach hernia and gastritis. What are...

  • Q - Child swallowed tooth. What could be done?