• question-icon

Suggest treatment for frequent diarrhea and sensitivity to right side of abdomen

Posted on Wed, 8 Feb 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I had obstruction surgery due to crohns. After 2 years I still feel sensitive on the right side they also took out my appendix I have frequent diarrhea Still. Burning in my front upper leg. Is this normal.
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
you should take tablet pentasa and or budesonide regularly

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thanks for putting your query in HCM. I am a Gastroenterologist

I can understand your concerns. You have not mentioned whether you are on any medication or not. In my opinion you shouldbe still on tab pentasa and or budesonide depending on the disease severity which may alleviate the above mentioned symptom of diarrhoea which you have

Burning in front upper lef may be due to some vitamin deficiency which is common in crohns disease or due to some neuropatgic or endocrinopathy. So for this wull suggest you to visit a Neurologist for evaluation and management.

I hope I hae answered your query and this will help you. Wish you a good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Amit Jain 15 minutes later
Thank you. I had my Pendix removed do u think when it was healing other nuerves coneecting. No medication just a power for the diarrhea. I was just worried about the burning in my right leg.
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you should vist a Neurologist for evaluation of burning in leg

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back. For diarrhoea you ahve to be on some medicine depending on the cause. In the background of crohns disease it may be assumed it is due to that only for which you require tab pentasa thrice a day and budesonide for maintainence.

For burning sensationin leg it can be due to many reason one which yiu have mentionedthat Iis entrapment of nerves while helaing is rare. Other causes are vitamin deficiency, crohns itself can involve nerves and can lead to neuropathy. So you should visit a Neurolgist for the evaluation of same.

Thanks. Wish you agood health
Dr. Amit Jain

Gastroenterologist